Monica's Recipe of the Month #4 Pizza
Posted on September 23 2022
It's no doubt that pizza makes the world go round, which is why Monica eats and makes it every Friday. If you've been itching to test your hand at your own homemade dough, skip the take-out and give this recipe a try!
Let's get cookin'!
- 1 instant active yeast packet
- Flour (about three cups)
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Seasonings: (All to taste)
- Garlic Salt
- Tuscan Rub
- 1 T Pizza Flavor by King Arthur
- Pizza Seasoning by King Arthur
- Garlic Powder
- 1 T Panko
- Crisco or butter
1. To prepare your dough, start by grabbing a mixing bowl, your cup of warm water- not hot- as that will kill the yeast, and pour it into a bowl. Sprinkle the yeast packet in, along with your salt and sugar. Let it rest for five minutes before stirring.
2. Slowly add some flour and a tablespoon of the pizza flavor. Give that a mix. Next, repeat the process of slowly adding more flour and the seasonings to your liking (minus more pizza flavor) until the dough can be kneaded with your hands and is no longer wet. All said and done, the flour you will use is about three cups.
3. Cover with a towel and set to rest for a minimum of two hours.
4. To bake your dough, set the oven to 475. Grab your preferred pizza pan, a small plastic bag, lather it with Crisco or butter, and spread it over the pizza pan to help with sticking. Next, take the Panko and some garlic salt and sprinkle on top. This makes the pizza crust delicious and crispy.
5. Dust your counters with some flour, grab your roller, and roll your dough, so it's nice and thin. Prepare your dough with sauce, cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings, and bake for eighteen minutes. If you'd like it crispier, bake for longer!
**If you're a garlic fan like us, melt down some butter and minced garlic and brush it on your pizza crust before baking.**
M a n g i a !